måndag 20 augusti 2007

David Green 26 y/o (part 1)

Age: 26
Occupation: Writer
Best feature: Good listener
Worst feature: Too kind for own good


[A telephone call made by David Green to Jessica Garner a Thursday, lasting between 2:46 to 2:51 p.m.]

JG: Hello.
DG: Jessica?
JG: Yes, who is this?
DG: It's David.. from highschool.
JG: Who?
DG: David.. David Green.
JG: Yeah.. I'm sorry.. Hi!
DG: So.. how've you been?
JG: Good.. just.. good, you know.
DG: Yeah? Yeah?
JG: Yeah, you know..
DG: So, listen, the reason I'm calling is.. well it's kinda embarrasing.
JG: What?
DG: Uhm, you see I'm a writer.. a poet.
JG: Wow, that's great.
DG: Yeah.. well, how to put this.. Do you by any chance remember the night when a whole gang went to Holden's for a beer.. Sarah, you remember Sarah right, she was there.. We were all sitting at a table and you were sitting over the table from me. You were sitting by.. what was his name..
god!
JG: Scott?
DG: Yeah, Scott. You know what happened to him?
JG: Uhm, yeah I do, we're married.
DG: No? That's great.. just great.
JG: Yes, for three years now.
DG: Any kids?
JG: Just one, Charles, turning two in a couple of months.
DG: That's just.. great.
JG: Yeah..
DG: Well back to the story, the thing is I'm putting together a best of kinda deal,a collection of poems and I remember, that night at Holden's, the others went out on the dancefloor but we stayed at the table and we talked some. You asked me what I liked doing.. and I said, "I'll show you". I picked up my notebook and wrote you a poem, and.. geez it's so embarrasing.
JG: What?
DG: Well, I wonder if I could have it back.. I know it was for you but.. you know. If you still
have it of course.
JG: No no, of course. Yes, I still have it, I think it's called "Time spent here".
DG: Wow, you still remember huh?
JG: It was a good poem.
DG: ..
JG: Hello, you still there?
DG: Yeah.. sorry.. uhm. So are you still living in XXXXXX?
JG: Yes
DG: Well I'm in town, maybe I could come over and pick it up?
JG: I don't know.. I have to find it first. I don't think it's a good idea. But I'm happy to send it to you. I'll get your address online, David.. Green.. right?
DG: Yeah, that's it.. OK.. I can't thank you enough, I'll thank you in the book.
JG: Oh, no, you don't have to do that.
DG: Don't be silly.
JG: No really.. you don't have to.
DG: OK, if that's what you want. Uhm, well, listen, if you ever want to grab a cup of coffee.. catch up.
JG: Yeah.. We'll see. I have your number.. so.
DG: Great.. great. Well, thanks again. I really appreciate it. I mean I feel like a thief.
JG: You shouldn't, it's yours.
DG: No.. no it's not.
JG: Well, I'll send it as soon as I find it. Goodbye.
DG: Bye.

Inga kommentarer: